Christmas and church bells are long associated. The churches ring bells as a signal denoting the start of service. In Victorian times, small hand bells were use for carol singing and even now hand bell ringing retains its popularity. Christmas bells played a vital role in Christmas celebrations.
Importance of Christmas bells
Christmas bells are a vital part of this holiday celebration and is heard and seen anywhere you go in this season. You can hear carols ringing bells and singing merrily, jingle bells and sleigh bells also ringing. The bells come in different shapes and sizes and in fact candy dishes also come in bell shape marking the Christmas celebrations.
History of Christmas bell decorations
The pagans used bells to ward off evil spirits at night times. Eventually, it is used to celebrate happy occasions and is followed as a tradition. Churches ring them for every good happening, birth or wedding. Bells were the right alternative for people who were unable to afford musical instruments as they were inexpensive and produced beautiful musical sounds. With the stories of Santa and his reindeers, the jingling bells became more prominent.
How to decorate your house with Christmas bells?
Christmas is a wonderful occasion including various activities such as making delicacies, scrumptious cakes, decorating homes, Christmas tree with ornaments and embellishing the doors and windows and all these included bells and bell ornaments. There are many ways of decorating using Christmas bells:
- Tie jingle bells in a bunch to your door knob. Its tinkling sound is very pleasing to hear, every time the door is closed or opened attracting instant attention of your visitors.
- Make a string of jingle bells and decorate your stairway. This presents a nice way of welcoming your visitors.
- Jingle bells can be used extensively in decorating your doorstep, lawn, interiors, backyard, entranceway, windows and throughout your house.
- Tie small jingle bells in a wire making a wreath and hang it on your front door. Give a beautiful finishing touch by decorating the wreath using a bright ribbon.
- Hanging jingling bells to Christmas trees using a tinsel string looks great.
- Look great with tiny jingle bells by using it attached to a pin. You can decorate your hat or embellish your dress with one or two jingle belled pins.